“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.”
–Mark Twain

Berlin

Posted on: Sunday, June 30, 2013


I fell in complete love with Berlin. 
Oh the colors of Berlin. Mixed patterns, textiles, graffiti, tattoos, vibrant gardens, contrasting colors and grit were at every turn.  I was inspired just standing still, watching everything move around me letting my gaze fall on something... that proved difficult, too much stimuli. 
Two of our favorite places; Schillerbar in Neukölln, and Tante Emma's in Freidrichshain. 
Incredible burgers were had in Berlin. 
Photo booths were everywhere in Berlin so of course we had to hop on in one. I love looking at this photo. It might be my favorite thus far. Photo booths have the ability to capture that candid, real, in the moment moment. Something we can't capture with our instant replay iPhones and digi cameras. There's no time for the puckering of the lips or doing the head tilt down thing to try to get the best angle, "c'mon no fat face." Berlin in essence is like the photo booth. The picture that comes out is never quite what you think it will be but it's better than anything you could have ever expected. I'm so glad I put Berlin on this travel list.

I had the best time. More walls down, and more freedom of the mind attained. 

Things worth noticing:
  • nike high tops/ every color
  • hammer pants are still kicking
  • tattoos/ full sleeves and face tats
  • so so so many burger joints
  • so so so much kebab
  • adidas (it's going to be a theme here in Europe)
  • low rider jeans and midriffs
  • mixed prints on prints on prints
  • doc martens
  • community garden/ green space (literally everywhere, sidewalks, medians, amazing)
** shot with the iPhone 5. (long story but I finally have my camera)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TARAFIRMA All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger